Tuesday 24 February 2015

Innovation & Interference: Inspiring references

Another inspiring video that references some of the style of lighting I will achieve for the dance film. The jump cuts used within the short film look really good, but I don't think it would go with the style my film is undertaking. But I will attempt the jump cuts within post production just to experiment a bit more. The lighting is definitely something I have already achieved, and is something that will feature in the film.

- Become One -  https://vimeo.com/93120027


Screenshot from "Become One"

Screenshot from my lighting test shoot. You can see the similarities between the two. The only difference is the shots taken from the test shoot are medium shots rather than long shots, as shown in "Become One"  

Another Screenshot from the test shoot.
On Thursday I have another evening within the studio, in which I could undergo further test shoots, and i'll make sure that I use perspective a bit more within the shots.

The body is a good example of the style of close up shots I could possible use for the dance film. I find this effective as it is close up shots of the bare skin, showing the muscles within the body moving, and if I decided to use a shaolin uniform for this film it would not be as effective due to not showing the bare skin. Maybe using something similar to a shaolin uniform that shows some bare skin would allow me to pull of this style within the film.

- The Body - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnPCOYMbiuk

No comments:

Post a Comment