Friday 20 February 2015

Innovation and Interference: Lighting Test Shoot

I had the chance to experiment with the lighting setup, in order to prepare for the film, and I managed to run into a few setting up problems. But overall managed to partially achieve what I wanted.

The only real problem I had with the lighting setup, and trying to achieve the look I wanted, was not having enough lights on set to light the background. Usually the lights I hired out would achieve this, but the background being a black curtain it absorbed most of light. As I didn't have a white backdrop, which would have worked better to achieve that bright red silhouette look. But I did manage to achieve that red silhouette look I wanted to some extent. Either next week or the 4th March I will be undergoing another lighting test shoot to experiment more with lighting, to get a better Silhouette look, experiment more with the coloured gels, and to achieve another low key lighting setup.

Silhouette setup #1
As you can see from the diagram above, to get a better silhouette we should of had a light behind the backdrop. Because the backdrop was a black curtain, the light wouldn't seek through. The next attempt I will be organising a way to bring a white backdrop into the studio. This will allow me to achieve a better lighting setup for production.

Silhouette setup #2

Here is some of the images taken on the day. A mix between Silhouette and low key lighting:






#1

#1

#1



#2

#2

#2

#2

#2



Another setup used on the day. Adding the extra third light helped brighten the background more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment