Friday 17 October 2014

M&J - A new approach

So after a few days of trying to further develop my idea. I run into a few problems which changed my perspective of this specific piece. The spokenword artist was having trouble trying to relate and place the piece together, so after brainstorming to get around the problem we encountered a completely different idea that would work with the brief.

I have now completely scrapped the idea of this dystopian world. I have undertaken an idea that would have an easier approach to filming, as I am working within a small group, and have a big cinematic and meaningful impact to the audience.

Possible title: Noted

 Synopsis

A message documentary following the life of a £20 bank note and narrated by the £20 note’s perspective. We are taken on a cinematic journey, as the note travels from person to person, and despite its socially conscious message it has a resolute narrative.


The message I’m trying to portray
  • ●  To show both good and bad motives money has on us
  • ●  How as humans we’re more concerned about wanting rather than being
  • ●  To show how far one note can actually travel
  • ●  How we all as individuals spend/need money

  • How I plan to portray the message

  • ●  Through cinematic visuals
  • ●  Socially conscious messages placed within the Mise en scene
  • ●  A voiceover from the notes perspective.
Themes
  • ●  Motivation
  • ●  subtle and wry humour
  • ●  Sadness
  • ●  Mythical

Overall I want the story to characterise the bank note as if it is human, through the means of a voiceover that will represent the notes perspective, and the journey it goes on should create awareness of the message I'm trying to send to the audience. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment