Friday 28 March 2014

Time Art: Test shots (TIME FREEZE)

TIME ART: TIME FREEZE

Here you will find the test shots I have used in order to attempt my time freeze. Overall I had filmed over 20 test shots at different angles in order to find the most suitable angle. Here is three test shots that a have composed together.  



I understand that the angle is a bit of a high angle but when it comes to filming I will be using a more established, and level, long shot in order to capture my time freeze. 

Here is my time freeze practice. 




I did encounter some problems when composing my time freeze as the lighting in both footage was a touch different, as you can see from the video above. At first it didn't notice it at all until I was masking a path for the footage. Now that I have encountered this problem during my test shot stages I will make sure during the shoot that all lighting throughout is the same so I will not run into the same problem again. 

Choosing the footage

Watching the tutorial: Video CoPilot


Turning down the Opacity in order to find the point of the time freeze

Tutorial: VideoCopiot

Tutorial: Time Remapping

Enabling Time Remapping and adding keyframes

Once I have added the keyframe I started on rotoscoping 

Tutorial: Rotoscoping

More Rotoscoping

Rotoscoping finally finished

Added some mask expansion and some feather

Turn the Opacity back up and ready to mask the path of the second person

Masking the path
Even though it is not the best time freeze ever created by a undergraduate student I still enjoyed the process of it. I had learnt a lot in rotoscoping, time remapping and masking. Overall I know that I can approach this again with less mistake. 

I believe that my actual footage will be harder to edit due to there being more then two people in the footage all at once but it is an attempt I am willing to try. 

You can find the tutorial here: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/time_freeze/

No comments:

Post a Comment